
I have always loved Valentines Day. So many fond memories of all the red crepe paper, lacy heart doilies and glitter used on the many Valentine boxes I made and helped my girls make for those Valentines parties at school. We had the neatest Valentines when I was growing up. Not like the cheapo ones that we get for our kids now days. They were bigger and had lots of glitter and even gold embossed hearts and writing. There were always extra nice ones in the box for the teacher, a couple best friends and that special crush. You knew how well a boy liked you by the kind of Valentine he put in your box. One time I knew the boy I was having a play ground romance with didn't like me anymore by the Valentine he gave me. He gave me an ugly Valentine with a witch on it. (It had something like "You Be-Witch Me" on it) and a girl named Debbie, a really nice one with an Indian Princess! Sad uh!
We used to also take them around the neighborhood. You would put them on their door step, knock and run. Do kids even do that any more?
When my girls were in Jr. High, they called it Single Awareness Day. That's pretty true isn't it! I thought it was neat, one of the girls guy friend once made roses with Hershey's kisses and gave them to all the girls he was friends with. Awesome.
Let's face it though, Valentines just plain sucks if you don't have a sweetheart! And for having one I am so grateful. May you all have a wonderful, love filled Valentines Day and remember all your fondest Valentine memories.
4 comments:
That was a cute post, I have to say I love (or appreciate) valentines day more now being with the love of my life than I did as a kid growing up! For me it is a day to remember why we love each other and set all other cares and stresses of life aside, kind of like another anniversary.
i wish jc was going to school just so he could have a valentine party. he got so cards to send to caleb and his cousin andrew and a few friends around here but really he's not getting to do much. i am excited for next year with the class list lol.
i still remember when we lived in price making sugar cookies, frosting them, and droppi ng them at the bowlers door and running. those were good times, why is it people don't do that stuff anymore? you always made holidays so fun for us as we were growing up, sometimes I feel like such a slacker!
I love Valentines Day also. I remember making the Valentines boxes with crepe paper crunched around the end of your pencil and all the glue. They don't do that any more I know. Loved the poem!
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the coupon thing, I was waiting to hear from the girl, unfortunately they dont have this peticular website for Colorado but there is another one. The difference is the one for colorado there is a monthly fee and I forgot the name of it. The girl said it is totally worth the fee so I will find it out for you but you could go to her blog and use her tips if you would like. Go to my blogs and it is shop smart in vegas. If you have any other questions, i can find the answer out for you!
Post a Comment