Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Tradiditon Continues

Nativities from over the last four years.


About 4 years ago Lisa, Jennica and I started a tradition. We get each other a Nativity each year. We rotate so each year I get one for one daughter and get one from the other. I love it and look forward to getting a new one each year and shopping around to find the next one for the following Christmas. I'd like to share some pictures of the ones I have so far. Poor Jenn got only a dollar store one this year, since I was supposed to make her the critch to go with her Willow Nativity. But with whacking my head just before Christmas, I was kind of out of commission! I am determined to get it made for her so she'll have it to enjoy next year! I love the collection I have gotten so far and always get wonderful comments on their uniqueness. Thank you girls for our fun tradition.

The first year I received a beautiful Olive Wood Nativity from Jennica and the second year Lisa got me this unique Mary and Joseph statue. It is actually open in the back so you can put white Christmas lights or a candle in it and the light shows through cut out places.
On the third year I got this cute Peruvian set from Jennica and then this last Christmas (2008) I got this adorable "Angel Cheeks" Nativity from Lisa. I love the variety!









2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh the Angel Cheeks are even cuter out of the box! They made me think so much of you and something you would have had when I was little, like when you shold Home Interior. They just scream MOM to me lol. I love them. I am excited for next the next 2 Christmas already because I can't wait to give Jennica and you your next sets since I already picked them up lol. Oh and I also love getting to see the ones Jennica got you. That Peruvian one is really cool!

Jim said...

That's a great holiday tradition!